Wednesday 4 May 2016

Wearing a Balaclava under a Motorcycle Helmet...Yes or No? My vote is Yes and Here's Why!

To be or not to be...a ninja? Make that a *motorcycle ninja*




Why do you wear a balaclava (or not)? For those of you with untamed tresses, I bet you can guess why my vote is for yes.

So this seems a bit ridiculous to post this as gear but as one who has been cursed "blessed" with super wavy/quasi curly mind-of-its-own hair that quite happily turns into "Christmas Tree Shaped late 80's special Frizz 'do", trust me...a balaclava is a highly welcome addition to the gear-stash.

No thumbs up for helmet hair for those with unruly non-straight tresses

Mind you, not any balaclava will do - a nice silkweight one will be the best choice to help to keep those unruly evil frizzies at bay while also helping to reduce the friction & shearing forces that us head-full-of-hair gals face every time we are donning and doffing our full face helmets. And while I do often resort to good ol' braids, the trusty balaclava is useful for taming the tresses even on braid-days. I find that the silk/lighweight ones also offer awesome moisture-wicking properties. For those female riders who wear make-up, you may find that it also helps to protect the helmet lining as well (= less need to wash as frequently which is also another added benefit).


A Balaclava is a Gear Must-Have for me and my untamed tresses
And Yet Another Added bonus: Perfect for anyone who may be wimpy like me in terms of always being cold (yes, even when its 20C/68F + out). 

What do you think? Does a balaclava offer a "cool" factor or do you think it runs more along the lines of:

No comments:

Post a Comment