Wednesday 18 May 2016

GEAR REVIEW: Alpinestars Women's Stella SP-2 Gloves


Alpinestars Womens Stella SP-2 Gloves

Alpinestars Stella SP-2 Gloves

This review is based on having used these gloves for ~ 5000 kms thus far of city and hwy riding. Size: Small.

I ordered a size small based on the measurements listed on sizing guide and the fit is absolutely perfect (the fingers may seem a tiny bit long but when in riding position on the grips, they are actually perfect). Definitely a good purchase choice, especially for Summer riding. A bit cool in the fingers for Spring/Fall conditions.

Nice quality leather overall. The armour over the knuckles is comfortable even during extended riding. I have not experienced any numbness or cramping in my hands or fingers as I don't feel that there are any constricted areas. Overall, I am super happy with these gloves, as they fit very nice and really required no "break in" period to be comfortable.  The cuff is nice and high and wide enough to easily cover over my jacket cuffs (A* Leather jacket). Easy to get on and off.

I would say these gloves work great in temps above 15 degrees C at hwy speeds. Lower than that and they are a wee bit chilly although I do put hand warmer packs in the top slot opening which really helps (although fingers still get cool). On that note, I do realize and knew that these were not really my top pick for cool weather riding but more for summer hwy conditions, to which they are great!

For the price, I would like to see a visor wipe strip included on thumb as this is always a handy feature.

If you found this review to be helpful or useful, please Connect & Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment