Wednesday 11 May 2016

GEAR REVIEW: Alpinestars Stella AST-1 Waterproof Women's Pants


Alpinestars Stella AST-1 Waterproof Womens Pants 
This review is based on having worn this product for approx 2000 km of in town and hwy riding. I purchased these to wear as an Overpant for work commute days once the weather got cooler/wetter
Size: Large (to be worn as an overpant on commuting work days). Based on that, they do fit loose, but that is exactly what I wanted as I can comfortably wear a pair of thick jeans or even thicker shell/fleece lined pants under them perfectly! These do make a great overpant overall, keeping in mind that I would not be able to wear these on their own or even with a lightweight base layer without swimming in them.

These pants offer good quality zippers and nice decent sized zippered storage pocket on the thigh. The knee armour does sit a tiny bit too low for me but I did order these a size larger than regular sizing chart due to above (to use as overpant). I think I may try stitching a seam across the lower armor packet so it can hold the armor up a bit higher to improve the comfort. Once I am on the bike and adjust the armor, it is fine but I would prefer that it be in the correct spot right off the bat in case of a spill. I wear these pants with the A* Stella GP Plus R Perforated Leather Jacket (listed above) so there is a waist zipper connection that offers great coverage and comfort for the lower back area.

Have worn these pants in some pretty wicked downpours (for about 20 mins total length each time) and was quite pleased with the results of the waterproofing.I do wish the ankle zipper along the outside ran a bit higher. These pants would actually be awesome with a full side length zipper for ease of on/off without removing footwear (since they do make for an awful nice overpant!).

If you found this review to be helpful or useful, please Connect & Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment