Thursday 26 May 2016

GEAR REVIEW: Alpinestars Stella Andes Drystar Women's Pants


Alpinestars Stella Andes Drystar Womens Pants
A* Stella Andes Drystar Pants

Alpinestars Stella Andes Drystar Women's Pants
 
This review is based on having worn this product for about 5000 km of both city and hwy riding. Size: Medium as per the sizing guide and they are very true to size (I would say on the smaller fitting end of the scale) but I like my gear to fit relatively snugly.

Overall Impression: Well worth the buy! They are comfy in the riding position and I can wear them comfortably off bike as well.

ARMOUR/ZIPPERS/COVERAGE: Good quality knee armour. Hip area is padded ok. Zippers all good quality. These pants work well to provide great lower back coverage and prevent cold drafts - I wear these pants with the A* Stella GP Plus R Perforated Leather Jacket (size 42) and the zipper connection for pant-to-jacket works well. Knee armour required a bit of breaking in at first (about 10 decent long rides) as was quite stiff and a bit irritating to my knees in a sport riding position but now poses no issues in terms of comfort.

Have worn these in some pretty significant downpours and am quite happy with the waterproofing. They also work quite well in temps of 4-5 C with the removable liner in at hwy speeds (>80 km/hr). When it gets warmer our, the vent zippers on the side do help to cool things off well and the removable liner is a nice feature of these pants for sure. I appreciate the 2 zippered front storage thigh pockets. I can easily fit a decent amount of wallet cards, some cash, lip balm, and my keys for those times that I don't feel like bringing along a tote or bag.

If you found this review to be helpful or useful, please Connect & Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment