Friday 13 May 2016

GEAR REVIEW: Dainese Pony C2 Pelle Lady Pant



DAINESE PONY C2 PELLE LADY PANT

I decided to order Size 44 based on my true measurements and the Dainese Sizing Chart. I ordered these pants from GP Bikes as Canada's Motorcycle (soon to be switched over to the new name FortNine) was out of stock in my size. Upon receiving my package, I was dismayed to find that the knee armor in one of the legs was missing. Mistakes happen - it's how they are dealt with that really counts in my books. I will therefore do an update with the outcome of this once I connect up with GP Bikes in the morning. 

UPDATE #1 June 7/2016: I am *STILL* waiting for the one leg armor piece to arrive. I was sent one but it was the incorrect size for this pant so I needed to send that one back before they would send me the correct one. It has now been over a month since I have received these pants and I am still missing the armor for the one leg...I have "borrowed" one from my A* pants in the interim. Needless to say, it has been a disappointment to wait. I will update once again to see what the outcome is on this...

Wrong armour piece sent to replace missing armour in leg....Ummm, nope that won't fit
UPDATE #2 June 9/2016: Yay My missing leg armour piece has finally arrived!! Aaaaannnnnd.....it FITS. Glad that GP Bikes finally got it right but from start of getting the pants to finally receiving the missing armour piece, it was well over a month which seems pretty excessive to me considering I don't live in some remote (ok so I am kind of remote but still I am in a city!) little island with monthly postal service ??? Ah well, I am over it and just want to finally get these properly broken in.

OK back to the review. When I first took them out of the box my first thought was "wow these are gorgeous!". My second thought was "wow these look SMALL!" I was not convinced that I would be able to get these on over my thighs let alone my hips, particularly since I have a small waist in comparison to my hips/butt. I did as one should do when preparing to don a pair of leather motorcycle trousers, and I put on my thin, body-hugging moisture wicking baselayer pants. Happily, I did not have too many struggles getting them on. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world but it wasn't the most difficult. It was easier than trying to get a pair of non-stretch skin tight jeans on lol. The leather is fine quality. The stitching and workmanship is excellent. Did I say they are gorgeous? Once on, they are super snug (but will stretch a bit being leather hence why I went with the Size 44), flattering (nice low key yet good hip protection), quite comfortable, and the armor sits in the perfect position (well, in the leg that actually has the armour lol) and is not at all irritating/uncomfortable. 

I couple of cons that I have noted thus far: 1) I do find the length to be a bit too short for my taste (the bottom of the pant reaches just above my ankle malleolus) and I am slightly vertically challenged at 5' 4-1/2" but with a decent inseam (groin to floor) of 30". The length is doable enough though - they tuck into my A* Stella S MX-6 boots well enough and is ok in the riding position. 2) I am also feeling that they ride a bit low in the back and hip area - it almost feels that they aren't pulled up all the way/the lumbar area sags out somewhat. When connected with the pant to jacket zip connector, this is essentially a non-issue. Once the hip & butt areas break in a bit I am projecting that this may help with the settling position of the pant for my shape.

I will post a more comprehensive update and review once I have a bit of riding time on these pants as a review having just barely worn them is not incredibly accurate IMHO.

If you found this review to be helpful or useful, please Connect & Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment