Tuesday 10 May 2016

GEAR REVIEW: Kriega US-20 Drypack

Kriega US-20 Drypack as a tailbag mounted on my 2012 Honda CBR250R
Kriega US-20 Drypack

This review is based on having used this product for approximately 2500 km of in town and highway riding.

What can I say - I LOVE my Kriega drypack! With a 20 L capacity this is a perfect tailbag for my needs. With a bit of creativity, it works perfectly on the tail of my 2012 Honda CBR250R. I actually used zip ties for 2 of the anchor tabs under the seat as there was otherwise no where to really mount the two tabs. If anyone would like pics on how I did it, let me know and I can post my "how-to" for this.

I can fit my rain jacket shell, extra gloves, medium sized purse, small lunch, some file folders, and a few other goodies in this bag with ease. I can actually fit my Sony Vaio Laptop in it as well. When it's relatively empty, it can still be cinched up nicely and remains secure on the tail. This works great if I am planning on doing a bit of shopping on m way home as I can load it up with a pretty decent amount of stuff.

Completely Waterproof? YES! Thanks to the inner waterproof "liner" that can be taken out for cleaning/wipedowns. I have used this bag through some major downpours and everything I had in the bag stayed bone dry! The top zippered pocket may not fair quite so well in drenched conditions, although it is water resistant. If I want any items I put into this pocket to remain completely dry, I ensure they are in ziploc bags/waterproof baggies.

The other thing I LOVE about this bag is that it has a sling shoulder strap that can be snapped on/off wiht ease so once you take it off the bike you can just sling it over your shoulder and be on your merry way. Essentially you can use it like a giant "purse" or hip tote if you like that sort of thing. Although I have not/do not use it in this manner, it can also be worn while riding in courier style with the strap and/or also as a tank bag with the tank bag adapter (sold separately). All in all, for me, the Kriega US-20 makes the perfect work commuter bag.


I do wish it had a loop inside the top zippered pocket as this would be a great spot to easily hook my house keys on and make it easy peezy to find and access them when I get home rather than trying to dig through to find them. An additional smaller zippered pocket on top of the current one to perhaps keep a smaller wallet in would also be highly welcome in my books.

Overall....Kriega quality....tick!

If you found this review to be helpful or useful, please Connect & Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment