Monday 23 May 2016

GEAR REVIEW: Alpinestars Stella S-MX 6 Waterproof Women's Boots


Alpinestars Stella S-MX 6 WP Womens Boots
A* Stella SMX-6 WP Boots

Alpinestars Stella S-MX 6 Waterproof Women's Boots

This review is based on use of these boots after having done approx 5000 kms of city and hwy riding.
Size: 39 (Foot length 9.75", narrow foot)

FIT: Awesome fit for my feet! I used the sizing guide and they fit spot on with a set of gel inserts. I have a pretty narrow foot (particularly in the heel area) and often have a difficult time finding footwear that works so I couldn't be happier having purchased these! I wanted to include my thoughts on fitment since this can be so challenging (and frustrating!!) when ordering online.


FUNCTION & COMFORT: I wanted a boot that I could wear for a few hours at a time (at a minimum) off bike as well and these fit the bill. I have worn these at work standing/walking around for over 3 hrs and they are really quite comfy. Perhaps the gel inserts I use help with keeping them comfy. Riding is fabulous with these as well - no issues in terms of the pegs/shifter/brakes and the heel height and reinforced toe is just right. For a boot that offers such decent CE protection, it is very comfortable and offers better than expected flexibility where needed. The sole seems to work well for traction on pavement that is wet and/or a bit slippery. Would like a little more grip for looser surfaces (eg some loose gravel).

ZIPPERS/VELCRO/COVERAGE: Good quality zippers & velcro adjustment. Pretty easy on/off and everything stays put as it should. A bit more cumbersome to put on than I would like but understandable for the style of boot.

WET RIDING: I have worn these in very wet riding conditions and in temps of about 4 degrees C. My feet have remained DRY although when its colder out (4 C) my toes do get a bit cool. Wearing a nice wool sock has helped.

As a personal preference, I would prefer that the boot was a little less logo-ish on the front (maybe a dark grey logo rather than white). It would also be nice to maybe have a little bit more height in the sole just for those of use who could use an extra bit of height :). Overall, I would say a very nice boot well worth buying.

If you found this review to be helpful or useful, please Connect & Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment